We are a digital company founded in 2022 creating content on latest subjects in trend; be it lifestyle, fashion, entertainment, sports, technology or business.

Get in Touch

India's Path to Tackling Plastic Pollution, Inspired by Bangladesh's Innovations

Author Name : Bhavya Bagga     |     Date : 29-06-2023
Blog Image

India has made a lot more plastic, but only 60% of it is recycled. The other 40% ends up in landfills and rivers, where it causes pollution. Even though India needs to reduce plastic waste quickly, success has been slow. India can learn a lot from Bangladesh, which is a nearby country and has come up with creative ways to deal with plastic pollution.

Bangladesh's 50th anniversary was a time to show off its impressive economic growth, political security, and cultural strength. These successes were made possible by a strong model of development that focused on giving people more power, raising understanding of social issues, and encouraging innovation. Getting rid of the plastic problem effectively requires following these rules.

Bangladesh's community-led waste management scheme is one of the best things the country has done. The goal of the scheme is to give local communities more power by making them responsible for their own trash. It has made a big difference in reducing environmental damage and plastic waste. With the help of towns, the program has been able to increase the number of people who recycle, cut down on plastic waste, and create green jobs.


Bangladesh's war on plastic bags is another important part of its waste management plan. In 2002, the government banned plastic bags as a way to stop pollution from getting worse. Because of this, the country has seen a big drop in the amount of plastic trash in landfills and rivers. With more eco-friendly options like hemp bags and plastics that break down over time, there is more hope for the future.

India and Bangladesh both care a lot about how COVID-19 will affect people's ways of making a living. Due to the pandemic, a lot of industry workers in both countries have lost their jobs. Bangladesh, on the other hand, has a better way to deal with problems in its development plan. The model focuses on sustainable growth and giving communities the tools they need to deal with economic problems head-on. Bangladesh's development plan has helped reduce poverty and create jobs in rural areas by encouraging people to work together and be more socially aware.

In India, the serious problem of plastic pollution can also be solved by giving communities more power and pushing for new ideas in waste management. The government should take a community-led method and give local communities reasons to take care of their trash well. This method would create green jobs and make us less reliant on plastics that aren't good for the environment.

Education is also a key part of solving the plastic problem. Bangladesh's school system teaches students about the environment, which makes them more aware of the environment. India should learn from this and put an emphasis on teaching about the atmosphere in schools and colleges. This would raise a generation of people who care about the earth and will be at the front of the fight against plastic pollution.

India and Bangladesh are good friends, and working together on environmental problems can make a big difference. India can use Bangladesh's experience with managing trash and work with it to find new ways to deal with plastic pollution. Long term, this kind of partnership would be good for both countries and for all of South Asia.

In the end, India can learn a lot from Bangladesh's creative ways of dealing with plastic waste. Communities should be able to take care of their own trash, and they should be given incentives to do so in a sustainable way. Education is also important for making people care about the world. With the right plan, India can show the world how to fight plastic waste and make a better future for everyone.